Sunday, November 6, 2011

Learning to Love Myself: The Universe Sends me Help



Every morning, I’ve been looking at my reflection in a mirror, saying to myself, “I love you, Christine. I really, really, really, really, REALLY love you.”  

This is my morning mantra. I say this 10 times, every morning. I’ve only missed one day since I’ve started this blog.
I do this just as Louise Hays instructs in her book, “You can Heal your Life.”

But I’m still not comfortable with it.
The Universe Helps Out
As you might expect, my morning mantra has kept me focused on loving myself (even if I still don’t feel that emotion for myself).
As I should have expected, the Universe decided to help me out. (This is classic Law of Attraction at work.).

I’m a freelance writer for a company that sends me a wide variety of assignments (articles) to write for their clients. I have been writing for them for about 1 ½ months, and they keep me very busy.
Well, a few days ago, they sent an assignment for me to write 5 articles for a client for which I have never before written.

But get this…these articles were for a self help program, most of which is concerned with techniques in loving yourself.  Not only that, but the Senior Editor of the company for which I work included 26 attachments to my assignment email These attachments were articles written by the head of this self help program. (The editor attached these articles so that I would have a better understanding of the focus of this company). Now, it’s a little unusual for this editor to attach supplemental materials to my assignment emails, but it’s very unusual for her to attach 26 articles!
So, in essence, I got a course in how to love myself absolutely free!

And I feel so loved even though I cannot, as yet, feel that for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment